Nergal was born and raised in Chicago, amongst a gaggle of Assyrians.
She spends her days frowning at things, screaming, and looking at pugs.
She earned her MFA in Creative Writing from Roosevelt University.
She dreams one day of becoming a pug.
- “Education of Nothing” Nonfiction reflective essay; Seeds Literary Arts Journal, May 2011
- “Good Day” Short fiction; Seeds Literary Arts Journal, December 2011
- “The Kids and Their Fires” Short fiction/fantasy; Seeds Literary Arts Journal, December 2012
- “Real Estate” Short fiction; Hemingway’s Playpen, June 2013
- “Ten Days” Flash fiction; Seeds Literary Arts Journal, December 2013
- “Click Clack” Short fiction/fantasy; Seeds Literary Arts Journal, May 2014
- “Peanut Butter” Short fiction; Tayen Lane Publishing, September 2014
- “Paper Cranes” Short fiction/fantasy; Thought Catalog, March 2015
- “N-N-G-N-N” Creative nonfiction; Cleaning Up Glitter, July 2019
Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, IL
Bachelors of Science in Accounting
August 2010 – 2014
Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL
Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
August 2016 – December 2018